MEDIA ADVISORY: 1/13/2020
Press Contact: Nick Tuell
Community Relations & Public Information Officer
We are pleased to announce that negotiated changes to the bargaining agreement have gone into effect. The three-year contract includes a 2.75% annual wage increase and creates an option for employees to convert unused sick leave into wellness leave.
Other changes include:
- Minimum starting wage of $15/hour.
- Floating employee classification to help with the operational burden faced when staffing shortages happen from leave usage or attrition
- Paid notary training and maintenance fees for staff helping the Clerk continue to provide needed services to our customers and valuable skills to our employees.
- Providing employees with high vacation balances the ability to cash out some of their time annually, giving employees’ needed cash while reducing the County’s liability to pay out vacation accruals at higher salaries when employees leave.
- Cracking down on sick leave abuse without impinging on employee FMLA rights.
- Reducing the required years needed to receive a longevity payment to retain and reward hardworking, loyal employees.
COTA pass, tuition reimbursement, healthcare, among other benefits will remain unchanged. The contract went into effect on January 1, 2020.