Skip to main content


The majority of cases presented through the Clerk’s Juvenile Division include those of delinquency, unruly cases, and cases involving abuse, neglect, or dependency of a minor. Parentage actions and cases relating to custody, visitation, and child support are also filed through this division. Because these cases involve minors, only those who have authorized permission to these cases may access these filings.

If a juvenile is allegedly abused, neglected, or dependent, External linkProtective Services or Franklin County Children Services should be contacted. If parentage needs to be determined, consult with the External linkChild Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA).

Juvenile Division also handles traffic tickets issued for moving and non-moving violations involving minors.

 External linkFranklin County Court of Common Pleas Juvenile Relations Branch


Where do I file charges against a juvenile?

File these charges in the Intake Department for the Juvenile Prosecutor at
Juvenile Prosecutor, Intake Unit
399 S Front St., 1st Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
For more information please call 614.525.7388.

How can I get my juvenile record expunged?

Contact the Juvenile Prosecutor's Office, 614.525.3555 for this information.

What is a Notice of Final Appealable Order?

A Notice of Final Appealable Order is a statutory notice sent to parties and attorneys on a case informing them that a Court decision filed with the Clerk of Courts is an appealable decision. This notice informs parties that they have 30 days to file an appeal with the Court of Appeals, or 14 days to file an Objection to the Magistrates Decision if they do not agree with the decision of the Court. If parties agree with the decision, they may disregard the notice.

Where can I get copies of custody papers?

The Juvenile Section of the Clerk’s office will have the custody papers. We are located at
Franklin County Clerk of Courts
373 S High St., 4th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Copies cost 10 cents per page; if you need to have your copy certified for legal reasons, the charge for certification is $1.00. Valid identification will be required to complete this request.

If I am a party on the case how do I file a change of address or relocation notice?

Two options to update an address are: Write a letter to the Clerk of Court; or use the Opens in new windowChange of Address/Relocation form located in the Forms and Fees section. Include your name, the Juvenile case name and case number, and your new address. Letters or Change of Address Forms should be mailed to:Franklin County Clerk of Courts
373 S High St., 4th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215

Forms and Fees

All forms are in PDF format and require either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Reader to view. You can download the latest version of this software free from Adobe's website.

Juvenile Forms

Available on the Franklin County Common Pleas Court website:

Juvenile Court Forms

Juvenile Traffic