Skip to main content

Lien Info

Download the PDF

Lien Satisfaction Information & Instructions

If you haven't received a notice of satisfaction from the party with the lien (usually the Ohio Attorney General's office), then you should contact them first to get more information about obtaining the satisfaction. The AG’s Office has a hotline for such inquiries: 614.752.7541.

If you HAVE received such a document from the AG, there is a process to follow. The steps below are standard instructions for filing a Satisfaction of Judgment, and sending those documents to the appropriate parties:

  • You’ll need to call our General Division at 614.525.3621, and request the amount due for associated court costs to file this matter through the Franklin County Clerk of Courts.
  • Payment is accepted by way of a cash, certified check or money order (made payable to the “Franklin County Clerk of Courts”) only for such a transaction.
  • If you are able, you can come into our General Division (address below) and remit copies of the lien satisfaction letters, as well as payment, and we can file those in our office.
  • If you are unable to come to our office, you may mail in a copy of the letter you received from the state indicating the lien is satisfied, along with your payment; please be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope so we can send you a certified/stamped copy of our paperwork for your records). Send to this address:

    Franklin County Clerk of Courts
    345 S. High St., 1st Fl.
    Columbus, OH 43215

If you have any other questions, you can contact the General Division at the number above for additional assistance. It is also recommended that, once you receive your paperwork from us, you send notice to the three National credit agencies so that they may begin the process of clearing any negative marks on your credit report. The General Division will typically provide you with the numbers/addresses of those agencies when you file your paperwork.