Where do I file charges against a juvenile?

File these charges in the Intake Department for the Juvenile Prosecutor at
Juvenile Prosecutor, Intake Unit
399 S Front St., 1st Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
For more information please call 614.525.7388.

How can I get my juvenile record expunged?

Contact the Juvenile Prosecutor's Office, 614.525.3555 for this information.

What is a Notice of Final Appealable Order?

A Notice of Final Appealable Order is a statutory notice sent to parties and attorneys on a case informing them that a Court decision filed with the Clerk of Courts is an appealable decision. This notice informs parties that they have 30 days to file an appeal with the Court of Appeals, or 14 days to file an Objection to the Magistrates Decision if they do not agree with the decision of the Court. If parties agree with the decision, they may disregard the notice.

Where can I get copies of custody papers?

The Juvenile Section of the Clerk’s office will have the custody papers. We are located at
Franklin County Clerk of Courts
373 S High St., 4th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Copies cost 10 cents per page; if you need to have your copy certified for legal reasons, the charge for certification is $1.00. Valid identification will be required to complete this request.

If I am a party on the case how do I file a change of address or relocation notice?

Two options to update an address are: Write a letter to the Clerk of Court; or use the Change of Address/Relocation form located in the Forms and Fees section. Include your name, the Juvenile case name and case number, and your new address. Letters or Change of Address Forms should be mailed to:Franklin County Clerk of Courts
373 S High St., 4th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215